Re: [BKARTS] scotch sponge for gilding

You could try a gold leaf supplier. Art Essentials of New York is one:
800-283-5323.
301-345-7979 is Bookmakers-- I think they used to carry them, but I no
longer see them on their website.
You could also try asking the Harcourt Bindery if they use them, and if so,
where they get theirs: 617-242-5959.
You also might try some of the UK suppliers, like Russell's or Falkiner's. I
vaguely remember seeing one on Russell's website.
In 2002 I purchased one from Talas, but I was not happy with it and had to
return it; however, they might know of a supplier, or they may have
freshened their inventory since then. I do not see the product on their
website.

Best of luck. Please let us know if you find one, for it is something I may
need in the future.

Juliayn Coleman
Chicago, IL
--