[BKARTS] Twitter novels

While I have no interest in nor time for twitting or tweeting or whatever,
here are a couple of my favorite short-shorts:

"Fleas. Adam had 'em."

And you can't beat the story dynamics in this one (62 characters without
spaces counted: 79 with spaces):

"The last man in the world sat alone in his room. There was a knock at the
door."

I rather enjoyed reading War and Peace (in three days) but I did skip a lot
of the military tactics parts to get to the story. I LIKE big dense novels
that you can roll around in, identify with characters - laugh and cry and
grieve and celebrate with them - and definitively, remember their names and
a lot about them after closing the covers, as they become part of your life
as old friends.

But I also like clear, concise, even minimalist writing when it is done
mindfully.

These Twit "novels" seem more like exercises in smugness....see what I can
do.

The "twiaku" (?) concept seems more promising - one could make an
interesting book from a collection of really superb ones.

Remains to be seen if all this is a passing fad or if it will develop into
something meaningful. For a look at media that have come and gone, check out
this:

http://www.deadmedia.org/notes/index-cat.html

As I recall, Bruce Sterling started this...it passed through other hands and
is apparently no longer active but I'd sure hate to see printed books wind
up on the list if someone does take hold to get it rolling again. I actually
made some additions to this stuff way back when....

Cheers, Lee

Lee Kirk

The Prints & The Paper
PO Box 5432