From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Amy
LeePard
Sent: 30 April 2009 08:47 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] inkjet inks

Hi Charles,

I would be very interested in reading any responses that you receive.  I
also use an Epson R2400 and am using Ultrachrome K3 pigment inks.  The print
quality is beautiful but the price of ink is expensive.  As of yet, I
haven't found anything that meets the archival standard and print/color
quality.  Sometimes I find that on soft papers the color is too saturated -
more ink than the soft absorbent paper can handle and I have to lower the
saturation level of the image in order to get a true color.

Also, which print dialog do you use?  I sometimes have a hard time with the
print dialog that I am using when printing to odd size papers.  It can be
difficult to get the correct placement on the page.

Amy LeePard

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Charles Brownson
<ocotilloarts@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I use an Epson Stylus Photo R2400. The price of ink is ruinous. I have
been
> looking at continuous ink systems. While I have doubts about these, the
ink
> worries me more: color and permanence as well as performance. The brand I
am
> encountering is Generations Quad-N-Color. Has anyone used this (or another
> brand) who is willing to comment on it?
> Charles Brownson
> Ocotillo Arts

Archive.