Re: [BKARTS] inkjet inks

For what it's worth, I bought an Epson 3800 rather than a less expensive
model specifically because the ink cartridges were higher capacity, and
therefore much cheaper per ml of ink. The outlay for a large capacity
cartridge seems painful, but over time, the cost per print is much less.

I figured that the first load of ink that came with the printer just about
offset the price difference in hardware between the 3800 and a less
expensive model.

The key thing is the cost per ml, not the cost per cartridge. Higher
capacity cartridges offer much cheaper ink costs.

I've had the printer for a year now, and have never regretted the purchase,
it is a spectacularly good printer, which handles all sizes from 4"x6" to
17" x 36", and still fits on a table-top.

I have looked at length at Cone's piezography systems. They are not cheap
initially, but would quickly pay for themselves, and they are quite
tempting. My main worries are that they would void the warranty, and that
they make the printer a dedicated black and white, or color matte only.
Although, they have just come out with a setup that prints glossy color, you
have to pass the prints through the printer twice; once for ink, and once
for a gloss coating. I suspect that they are a quality alternative to Epson
ink.

Here's his site:
http://www.inkjetmall-mail.com/s.nl?c=362672&sc=1

I recent months, I have needed to cut back on paper/ink costs, and have done
so by making fewer, smaller proof prints on less expensive paper, for
example Inkpress Proofing paper or Red River papers..

Here's an example of the paper
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/387346-REG/Inkpress_EM8511250_Proofing_Matte_Paper_8_5x11_.html

--

I used to think I was really indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.