Re: [BKARTS] Tyvek update

Andie

I bought 8.5 x 11 sheets of tyvek last spring from Material Concepts in Philadelphia. They also have rolls. I used it for two outdoor projects, both involving hanging strips of tyvek from trees. I did a PoeTree Project with kids and they wrote short poems on them and an art installation with lines from John Greenleaf Whittier. Both times sharpie marker was used for the writing. Some of my test samples are still on a tree in my yard and still holding up well. The writing did not hold up as well when I used sumi ink with a brush.

Material Concepts
http://www.materialconcepts.com

The PoeTree Project
http://makingbookswithchildren.blogspot.com/2008/04/poetree-project.html