[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[BKARTS] searching Book Arts again

Dear Artisans and Interested Parties (and Dramatists),

I am searching for yet another term. Your last collective giving was of tremendous help--thank you--and I didn't even need the French term for drape et al. (though I'm still curious--any takers?)

What are the terms (I'm learning that there may be more than one!) for the type of book that presents to your eye an animation if you let the pages flip rapidly past your thumb and look as the (sadly all- too-short) whiz goes by. I've also seen it not only as a dedicated (but small) book, but as printed in the upper or lower corner of a full sized book (usually for children, but not always). What would that be called as well?

I look forward to your responses, and thank you in advance.

Brian Herschler
Nanzan University, Nagoya, Japan

NOW ONLINE, Volume 5, No. 2, Spring 2009 of The Bonefolder
Please note that attachments to listserv messages are not permitted,
and are automatically removed by the listserver.
For all your subscription questions, go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information.

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]


Search BookArts Archives

This page last changed: May 19, 2009