From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian
Herschler
Sent: May-03-09 1:07
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] searching Book Arts again

Dear Artisans and Interested Parties (and Dramatists),

I am searching for yet another term. Your last collective giving was
of tremendous help--thank you--and I didn't even need the French term
for drape et al. (though I'm still curious--any takers?)

What are the terms (I'm learning that there may be more than one!)
for the type of book that presents to your eye an animation if you
let the pages flip rapidly past your thumb and look as the (sadly all-
too-short) whiz goes by. I've also seen it not only as a dedicated
(but small) book, but as printed in the upper or lower corner of a
full sized book (usually for children, but not always). What would
that be called as well?

I look forward to your responses, and thank you in advance.

Brian Herschler
Nanzan University, Nagoya, Japan
Writer