Re: [BKARTS] Book Arts Lounge May 8th at Center for Book Arts

Sigh, I read with wistful interest about all the meetings and doings at the Center for Book Arts. It's just a little out of range for me on weekday evenings. I'm wondering if there are other book artists in the mid-Hudson / Dutchess County area who might also be interested in an occasional get together to share work and ideas. I'd love to hear from you.
Cheers,
Jo
www.JohanneRenbeck.com

Sarah Nicholls wrote:

Hello all New York Area Bookbinders!

Please join us tomorrow night at the Center for Book Arts for the latest
installment of the Book Arts Lounge, a fun-filled monthly salon and
open-studio devoted to exploring topics in the Book Arts.

This month's theme should be of special interest to binders of all skill
levels. Homemade cookies will be served.

Tools of the Trade: Build Your Own Bindery

Friday, May 8th, 6-9pm

The Center for Book Arts, 28 W. 27th St, 3rd Floor. New York, NY 10001
(212) 481-0295
We will go beyond the bone folder in this workshop, where Metropolitan
Museum Conservator Sophia Kramer will show off some of her favorite
bookbinding tools, many of which were modified for maximum effectiveness.
Bring and discuss your own inventions and swap tools if you like. We'll
finish the evening by making our own portable strops, essential for keeping
tools in tip-top sharp shape. $10 suggested donation/ $5 members

For photos of last month's lounge, click here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/centerforbookarts/sets/72157616962048583/detail
/

Sarah Nicholls

Program Manager