[BKARTS] Fine Book Papers available

Dear Friends of the Book:

The Desert Rose Press studio has been passed along to our niece who by a
wonderful coincidence is as dedicated to traditional printing as we have
been. As this passing of the type stick evolved, we decided to make
available two lots of very fine book paper from the Cranium Press days of
the early 70s:

800 sheets of original handmade Tovil, 15.5 x 20.5. This paper was made
before 1972, when Simon Green introduced a new version of Tovil. It has
three watermarks: a head with the date 1399, a hand with a cross at the tip,
and the initials FJH (?). One ream is unopened in its original wrapper.

and

550 sheets of mould-made cream laid book paper from the Wookey Hole mill,
18.5 x 23.5.

These papers have been preserved in excellent condition for over thirty
years, and as you know have long been unavailable. There is just enough of
both papers for small limited editions, so we don't want to break up the
lots.

We are asking $5 a sheet for the Wookey Hole, and $7 a sheet for the Tovil.

If our eyes had held out a little longer we'd probably still be at it.
Here's hoping that your eyes stay keen and that the love of the printed word
carries you far along this noble path.

Please contact us OFF LIST at the email below. Thank you.

Virginia Mudd and Clifford Burke
Desert Rose Press
Clifford Burke <cburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>