Re: [BKARTS] Fungicide

I am a bit disappointed in the fact that this group seems to have been unable to reach a consensus on a reasonable choice for a fungicide. The chemophobes among us react with great horror to any suggestion, and the environmentally sanctioned choices (tea tree oil) just don't work. Yet we all use products to which the manufacturers add effective fungicides--- PVA for instance.
I wish there were an adhesives chemist subscribing to this group.

David Amstell wrote:

Greetings,

A customer has given us a set of the Encyclopedia Britannica, from the
1980s, with vinyl covers, to clean up. All volumes have suffered severe
dusting to the top edges, and significant mould to the spines. A member of
the customer's family is allergic to fungi, so we have been asked to kill
the spores, and treat them with a fungicide to protect them further.

Are there any suggestions please on a safe fungicide to use.

Thank you.

David