Re: [BKARTS] Chemistry and the dangers of materials

One can always get the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for a
chemical or product. My favorite from this collection is the Seton Library:
http://www.ilpi.com/msds/index.html#General
Search on Polyethylene terephthalate polymer  (which is what Tyvek is made
of) at Seton and the Johns Manville entry tells you about the toxicity etc
of the chemical/product
Or you can go right to Dupont and look up the MSDS: (search on Tyvek)
http://www2.dupont.com/DuPont_Home/en_RU/MSDS_transition_en.html
This MSDS is even more informative as it is precisely about Tyvek, the
brand.
TL Herbert
--
Teri Lynn Herbert, MS, MLIS
Medical University of South Carolina Library

"To ask why we need libraries at all, when there is so much information
available elsewhere, is about as sensible as asking if roadmaps are
necessary now that there are so very many roads."
~Jon Bing, Professor of Information Technology Law, University of Oslo,
Norway