Re: [BKARTS] Bookbinder's ticket

We've been letterpress printing tickets for binders since 1992, and have
never been asked to include a date or the facility for adding a date. As it
happens, I did put the year on the first tickets I made for my own use, but
soon dropped that idea!

I have examples in my collection of tickets both from binders and from
booksellers that go back to the late 18th century, and none are dated in
themselves, only taking a date from the publication details on the titlepage
of the book. A quick flip through Wilman Spawn's book of tickets hasn't
shown any dated examples.

Graham Moss

Incline Press
36 Bow Street