[BKARTS] Klucel G?

A recent post mentioned using Klucel G as a stabilizer for printed labels, etc.
When rebinding paperbacks, the spine is often frayed, and needs to be stabilized against further wear. I have discovered a very effective way of doing this. I use a solution of Polyvinyl Alcohol (NOT acetate) in water, about 1 tsp. per 1/4 cup. Allow it to dissolve, heating it if necessary. Then just brush over the spine. My next activity is to see whether it will also work on onlays. Stay posted!