[BKARTS] Davey, Binders Board

I am surprised to hear about using mat board.  While it is certainly a good
material in terms of composition (at least certain brands which are 100%
cotton) it is a very low density material.  I also know that is made by
laminating multiple layers together, hence how the thickness are represented
in the framing industry (2ply, 4ply, 8ply, etc), and can delaminate.

The density is however the biggest concern and am surprised that you would
find the corners to be more durable than that of Davey board.  The
application of mat board is that of making window mats for framing so
density and durability are not paramount characteristics.

I can certainly see people using it and recommending it since it is readily
available in local art stores, and maybe that is why it is mentioned.  Mat
Board is also a much more expensive material.  The Eterno Board we sell is
great as well, but a much different price point than Davey as well.

Regards,
Aaron Salik

Talas
330 Morgan Ave