Re: [BKARTS] ecpnomical alternatives

The first paper I made was 50/50 dryer lint and used printer paper/christmas tissue paper. Due to three dogs living in the house- the dryer lint was probably 50/50 dog hair/ fabric lint. I was reading a Regency era book- not so trashy romance- False Colours - Heyer- the hero wears dog leather gloves.

Freda

Jet Foncannon wrote:
About two years ago there was an very long exchange of submissions to this list about making leather out of.... well, you can guess. Interestingly enough, it was pointed out that almost every major library has a book bound in this sort of leather.
Nothing that macabre here. However, living in a household with four cats, after vacuuming this morning, I wonder whether anyone has ever tried to make cloth, and hence book cloth, out of cat fur.
Further, has anyone ever tried to make paper out of laundry lint? This seems a reasonable question. After all, what is rag paper?