Re: [BKARTS] MLIS student researching artist book cataloging

Hi Jennifer,

Have you tried contacting librarians and cataloguers that run libraries that have artist book collections? In the UK for instance the UWE Bristol Library would be able to help you.

http://www.uwe.ac.uk/library/info/bower_ashton/

Or have you contacted ARLIS? They have their own listserv you know.

http://www.arlis.org.uk/

Abigail

http://www.abigailthomas.co.uk/

http://abithomas.blogspot.com/

> Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 18:43:27 -0400
> From: jenniferchisnell@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [BKARTS] MLIS student researching artist book cataloging
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I am a library science student currently enrolled in a Research Methods
> course, and I am particularly interested in the issue of cataloging artists'
> books. However, I am encountering a dearth of relevant literature; thus far,
> I have identified only the several Drucker articles in *Bonefolder*, Nina
> Schneider's 2006 RBMS presentation, a manual published by ARLIS-UK, and a
> similar question posted by a student in a similar situation to the BKARTS
> listserv several years ago (which met with very limited response, as well
> may my own query, but I thought I would make the attempt nonetheless). I
> also emailed the individual who presented the AB cataloging workshop at this
> year's ARLIS conference (I was unable to attend) but was unable to establish
> contact.
>
> Collective Wisdom, can you point me in the right direction and help counter
> the slim-to-null hits that database-searching is thus-far engendering, or is
> this thorny topic simply one that has as of yet been only glancingly
> addressed in the scholarly literature? While the subject is dear to my
> personal and professional interests, I must decide quickly whether or not to
> abandon it and select something that will yield a heartier literature
> review.
>
> My sincere thanks, a happy memorial day to all, and please excuse
> cross-posting.
>
> Regards,
> Jennifer

Share your photos with Windows Live Photos – Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/