[BKARTS] halftone polymer plate printing

Hi all,

I'm writing to ask about image quality in halftone polymer plates. The
artist I'm working with has ink and watercolor wash drawings that will be
reproduced in an edition of 50, sized about 4" x 6". I understand that a
halftone screen of 100-133 LPI is the finest size recommended for polymer
plates. My questions for you, dear list, are: how well do watercolor washes
translate to polymer? Does anyone have images you could send me off-list of
continuous tone halftone art printed with polymer? I'm concerned about the
level of detail possible. The alternative option we're considering to keep
cost and labor low is inkjet printing.

Any thoughts or offerings would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance, Lindsey

--
www.lindseymears.com