Re: [BKARTS] National Museum of Women in the Arts

I am the poster of the "michael & fredo" remark (forgot to post my name, first time)- when I went to download the application a few weeks ago there was no indication that the fellowship was cancelled- which would have meant posting it on their site or pulling the application altogether. Now when you find their page it says in red that the "Fellowship has been suspended" but I think it's a little too late. I spoke with the administrator of the grant who was very apologetic but that didn't assuage my frustration with the whole business. Waiting to see how long it takes them to return my book. Louise & I cannot be the only ones who were (more than) inconvenienced....

Ellen Wallenstein

www.ellenwallenstein.com

Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:16:16 -0400 From: Alice Simpson <alicesimpson@xxxxxxx> Subject: The National Museum for Women in the Arts

Hi~
Perhaps The National Museum of Women in the Arts might post an official cancellation of their Library Fellows Program on Book Arts List Serv, so that artists won't go ahead with their time consuming and costly proposals and submissions.

<From: seawall <seawall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Library Fellows Program cancelled

I too downloaded, did application, even remade my dummy, all of which took weeks, literally, so am upset to hear the NMWA program is
cancelled....now I am just hoping they get my materials back to me in a
"timely' matter and in one piece! I am "very disappointed" (as Michael
Corleone said to his brother Fredo)......>

ALICE SIMPSON
CLAY & BOOKS
NEW! www.alicesimpson.com
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
www.ceramicstoday.com/article/abundant_beauty.htm

------------------------------

Perhaps they should! =C2=A0Louise NeaderlandL

-----Original Message----- From: Alice Simpson <alicesimpson@xxxxxxx> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 2:16 pm Subject: [BKARTS] The National Museum for Women in the Arts

<From: seawall <seawall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Library Fellows Program cancelled

I too downloaded, did application, even remade my dummy, all of which took=

weeks, literally, so am upset to hear the NMWA program is
cancelled....now I am just hoping they get my materials back to me in a
"timely' matter and in one piece! I am "very disappointed" (as Michael
Corleone said to his brother Fredo)......>
=
=

ALICE SIMPSON CLAY & BOOKS NEW! www.alicesimpson.com * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * www.ceramicstoday.com/article/abundant_beauty.htm

.

=20
=20
<http://cool-palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/exhibit/ 2009exhibit.shtml#catalog>
=20
=20
=20

End of BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 31 May 2009 to 1 Jun 2009 (#2009-152)