[BKARTS] Julie Chen Workshop & more

There are still a few spots open for Julie Chen's workshop in Portland at the Oregon College of Art & Craft this summer, August 3-7. Here's a description of the class:

The Artists' Board Game: The board game format offers the artist a wide range of creative paths, from the design and printing of the board itself to the creation of game pieces, development of a philosophical premise and theme for the game and the writing of the rules of play. During this five-day intensive workshop we will collectively design a game board and print it using various letterpress techniques. We will then create game pieces as well as game instructions that will allow the board to be used for the playing of multiple games. Every participant will take home a full game set at the end of the week.

Please see ocac.edu for more information - follow the 'programs' link to 'community programs' to download the summer catalog.

And while you are there check out our other workshops, for example, Wood Type Posters with Rebecca Gilbert and the Twined Binding with Roberta Lavadour)