[BKARTS] Last chance to join in!

The Artists’ Publishing Part II exhibition will be on show at Bower Ashton Library, School of Creative Arts, University of the West of England, Bristol, from 15th June - 28th July 2009.

This is the second selection of books which form part of the larger New Wave exhibition of artists’ publishing later this year (at Impact Printmaking Conference in September).

These books have been chosen to demonstrate some of the areas of interest in our AHRC supported research project see http:// www.bookarts.uwe.ac.uk/canon.htm

These publications are all about content - whether a tiny zine or a beautifully produced, limited edition book, we believe they offer aspects of the strength of concepts of artists’ publishing in the 21st Century.

We are showing these examples to remind you that our survey is running online alongside the ABTREE diagram and we want your opinions before it closes!

The survey is open until the end of July, and we would appreciate your views; there are forms for Academics/Instructors, Book Artists, Collectors/Curators (private and institutional), Dealers, Presses/ Publishers and Students all online at: www.bookarts.uwe.ac.uk/ asurvey08.htm

The ABTREE diagram is also on the same page and is downloadable as a PDF file. You can make your alterations to the ABTREE diagram physically or electronically, sign it (if you want) and email or post it back to us before the end of June, we will include it in the exhibition wall here for our conference in July and for the Impact conference in September. We have had some great diagrams back already - some agree, some disagree, some have added, deleted, rearranged or just started again. It is really up to you to make it reflect your view of what can and cannot be an artist's book.

Also please contribute to the forum if you have time after all of this! http://artistbooks.ning.com/group/21stcenturybook

For more information on the project, please see: www.bookarts.uwe.ac.uk/canon.htm

Sarah Bodman / Tom Sowden

This email was independently scanned for viruses by McAfee anti-virus software and none were found

This page last changed: June 05, 2009