Re: [BKARTS] Guild of Book Workers Marking Time show reviewed

This exhibit is so exciting! And the examples already shown are
breathtaking. I'm please to see some of our listmembers, as well as some of
our good Oregon book artists, represented.

I was going to rush right ahead and order a catalog until
I...erm....remembered that I have already done so.

If I can't afford to collect the books, the catalogs and references are
nearly as satisfying. I'm still making my way very slowly through "500
Handmade Books" - there are so many beautiful and thought-provoking examples
the my mind is whirling after reading about only a few.

I still say that book arts is the salvation of book-as-object in our current
society. Good on all of you! (You never had a more ardent cheerleader.)

Regards, Lee

Lee Kirk
"Cats are composed of Matter, Anti-Matter, and It Doesn't Matter" (Anon A.
Mouse)

The Prints & The Paper
PO Box 5432
Eugene OR 97405
PH: 541-683-7033
mailto:theprintsandthepaper@xxxxxxxxxxx

Shop Co-Op! at www.tomfolio.com

ksD:aDyaEP

The review is three "pages" or screens long -- accessible with the
"continue to next page" link near the bottom of each screen.

There will be a printed catalog to accompany this exhibition, purchase
information on the Guild's website:
http://cool-palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/exhibit/2009exhibit.shtml

We offer a prepublication discount until August 1.

More information on the exhibition and a complete tour schedule are also
on the Guild's website.

--
Karen Hanmer

GBW Exhibitions Chair