Re: [BKARTS] double-sided paste paper

Work can be done on any solid flat work surface-be it a wood, acrylic or vinyl table top covered with vinyl/plastic sheeting or another table top if you use the work surface for other things.  Let paper dry under weights until completely flat and paint the other side as you would the front side.  I use methyl cellulose paste so the paint mixture sinks in and is flat in feel without any globs of paint texture to complicate painting on the verso.  On the front or back I don't pre-wet or re-moisten the paper with water, I just start off by applying the paint/paste mixture, in a more diluted form if necessary.  The paper relaxes as the mixture is applied.  Smudging should only happen on the edges of the sheet (if careful) which can be trimmed off as suggested below.  Or the smudges may even add to the design on the front.
Marie Kelzer, San Francisco, California  www.mariekelzerdesigns.com