Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 7 Jun 2009 to 8 Jun 2009 (#2009-159)

Re: double sided paste paper.

It all depends on your end use. If you are using pages for books, work with a good rag paper like Arches Text Wove (Velin.) If you have a bit of acrylic in your paste (I used flour and water plus Golden acrylics for color) you can work on the back side without disturbing the front. I work on a large sheet of plexiglas, and moisten the paper with a sponge before adding the paste. Sometimes the edges get a little funky, but they can be trimmed. The trick is getting the two sides to coordinate. Sometimes you forget what's underneath there when you get carried away with side two.

Take care,
Annie
alphaannie@xxxxxxx
cicaleletteringdesign.com

Study book arts in Italy in 2010! Visit the website of Toscana Americana to see my workshop listing for next August.
http://toscanaamericana.com/cicalecalligraphy.html