[BKARTS] Subject: Re: double-sided paste paper

In making paste papers, I never wet the paper, no matter what type it is. I
tape the back down with double sided tape and as I spread the paste, it
relaxes. I use either methylcellulose or paste mixed with acrylic paints. I
always leave a margin on the paper that can be trimmed. Once finished and
dried, I put the paper(s) under weight overnight to completely flatten. The next
day I do side two, with no problems. Repeat with the paste design and the
drying and pressing overnight. Some of my favorite papers are MBM Ingres,
Rives BFK, Hammermill laser print- 28 lb commercial paper,   permalife,
canson-mi-tientes, and Fabriano Ingres, and 20 pt library board.
Besides all the way mentioned for using double sided paste papers,
additionally I use them to make book wrappers, creating a wonderful accompaniment to
the books within.

Maria
Memory Press

Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop: Now in 6 vibrant colors! Shop Dell’s
full line of laptops.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222008777x1201444407/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215566094%3B3786435
8%3Bv)

This page last changed: June 22, 2009