[BKARTS] Question for university professors: career advice

I’m 36 years old, I just had my first baby and am thinking

I’m 36 years old, I just had my first baby and am thinking
about what I will do once my kids are in school. I have a degree in Environmental
Science and have had my own bookbinding business for most of my career (since
1996).  While I enjoy working alone
in my studio, I’d really like the opportunity to work in a more social
environment.  I’ve always thought
of going back to school and getting my masters in something science related. I’ve
also thought of teaching bookbinding on a college level. I wondered if I chose
to pursue the latter what educational background I’d need. I live north of Boston so The
North Bennett St. School would be an option. Would I also need a degree in
education or an art degree? Any
feedback/suggestions on pursuing a career in a college/university would be very
much appreciated!

Deborah V. Thompson
Plum Island, MA 01950

This page last changed: June 18, 2009