Re: [BKARTS] Conservation OnLine No Longer Being Supported - Thank you Walter and SUL

I have often wondered to myself when this might happen and what other similar list would replace CoOL. It has to be a real body blow, because the Conservation List has been enormously important to professionals world-wide. I suppose one could call it a "tragedy". Somehow, somewhere, there must be Phoenix rising to take its place as a forum. I hope.

The loss of continually updated archives to the Book Arts List for everyone will also be a huge step backward. How many times have we directed a newbie to look to the archives for help with their problem. How many of us have used the archives to find something remembered from long ago or not so long ago. I do hope that the Book Arts List will remain viable. This is a wonderful resource, which touches us all in many many ways. I can't imagine being without it.

Carol
Eugene, OR