Re: [BKARTS] Message archiving

Book_Arts-L, the list is safe, for now, here at Syracuse University Library. ;-) It is the Archive that is a part of CoOL, and in danger of at a minimum not being kept current.

Migrating the archive is a task I cannot try to undertake, and if I did it would only be to an established digital repository, but even then there are likely no guarantees. This is the digital future folks and there are times I'd take brittle newsprint over it any day.

If I were to have move the list, YahooGroups would not be my first, second, or even 5th choice. The size of the list (almost 3000) is VERY large for them and there are too many privacy issues, My first choice would be to find a colleague at an academic that has Listserv and get them to take it over... But, let's not panic...

p.