Re: [BKARTS] Conservation OnLine No Longer Being Supported - Thank you Walter and SUL

Stanford is looking at options and a new host for CoOL, the site is still live, and I will be looking for a new home for this list's archive as well. Remember though, CoOL's amazing strength was at the collection level. This is the conservation field's Library of Alexandria - AIC will not be able to react quickly or comprehensively enough - and we will need a host that can support a robust digital infrastructure. Also remember, digital (more so than print) is buy now, pay forever...

p.

Quoting Bill Minter <wminter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

It sounds like the decision to "pull the plug" on CoOL is immediate. Is
that true? --- No advance notice; no time to prepare?
With great THANKS to Walter and Stanford for the many years.
Bill Minter

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>