Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 10 Jun 2009 to 11 Jun 2009 (#2009-162)

> Date:    Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:07:51 -0400
> From:    Peter D Verheyen <pdverhey@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Conservation OnLine No Longer Being Supported - Thank you Walter
> and SUL
>

> On a practical level, what are the alternatives for storing the 324 MB,
> 45,=
> 942 messages between June 23, 1994 and December 31, 2007? The online
> archiv=
> e at <
> http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/bookarts/index.sh=
> tml> is up to date, but I doubt few have saved all postings since 1994,
> and=
>  mine end with 2007. The Wayback Machine at <
> http://web.archive.org/web/200=

> only seems complete through October of 2007...
>
> What does this mean for this list? The list will still go on it has for 15
> =
> years, I will look into having the archive function turned on here at
> Syrac=
> use, but we too are cutting costs in many areas. Beyond that, it will be
> to=
>  us as individuals to archive those posts we want to keep on our own
> comput=
> ers, likely less permanent...

Peter,

Is there any way to get the archives on to one of the free services on line.
I don't know how much space YahooGroups  give groups for their files, but it
seems like a lot. If my Gmail account is telling me that I am currently
using 118 MB of my free 7337 MB, it seems like there must be some place to
put the archives. Just an idea, though it may not work.

Sally Canzoneri

This page last changed: June 14, 2009