Re: [BKARTS] a book a day

Dear Alicia,

 How exciting this exhibition will be, not only to show others but to curate!

 Last year, I decided that my year would be  documented by way of a photo a day for a year.  This doesn't mean I photographed one thing  each day, as I photograph EVErY day  every year, rather that I decided I'd choose one photo from each batch to go into a book.

As president of the Queensland Bookbinders' Guild in Australia, I did this project with a view to binding the photos complete with succinct captions,  which would be  printed on fabriano paper and bound into a book .  I haven't bound it yet.

I'm currently in Italy doing Lyn Sures workshops with the Museo della Carta in Fabriano!!  Exciting!

I look forward to any information or questions you may have on the topic of your request.  I live in Australia so perhaps this exhibition is for American residents only.

Take care, and ciao,

Linda Douglas

  Linda DouglasBCA ( honours) writing, literatureDip. EdAssoc Dip. music ( piano)Dip. Ceramics ( I & II)
President Queensland Bookbinders' Guild  2005 - 2009

Managing Director, Ed Hutchins Australia/NZ tour, March 2009

Associated Memberships:
Alumni Wollongong University
Alumni Central Queensland University
Writers' Centre, Qld
Editors Society, Qld
College of Teachers
Ceramics society, Qld
Glass artists Society
 This E-Mail is intended only for the addressee.Its use is limited to that  intended by the author at the time and it is not to be distributed without the author's consent. This E-Mail is confidential and may be subject to a claim of legal privilege. If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the author and delete this message immediately.

> Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:37:08 -0600
> From: alicia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [BKARTS] a book a day
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I'm curating an exhibition of work by visual artists who do something
> every day for a specific length of time (examples: taking a photograph
> every day for a year, creating a sketch every day for a month and so
> forth). If you have work you think I should see (whether book arts
> related or not), or know of someone else who does, please be in touch.
> The show isn't yet scheduled but will likely be spring or summer of
> 2010.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Alicia Bailey
> Abecedarian Gallery
> www.abecedariangallery.com
> 910 Santa Fe, Unit #101
> Denver, CO 80204
> phone: 720.282.4052 or 303.340.2110
> fax: 303.479.9556

> Pre-order your GBW "Marking Time" exhibition catalog before August 1, 2009
> to save $5 off the $35 regular price. For more information see:
> <http://cool-palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/exhibit/2009exhibit.shtml#catalog>
>
> NOW ONLINE, Volume 5, No. 2, Spring 2009 of The Bonefolder
> <http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder/vol5no2contents.htm>

> See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information.

POP access for Hotmail is here! Click here to find out more
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=802246

This page last changed: June 15, 2009