[BKARTS] Wire Edge Binding with Daniel Kelm

I joined the University of Utah Book Arts Program workshop,
offering of Daniel Kelm and his wire edge binding, this past week.

I have so many new ideas and really appreciated Daniel's approach
to teaching.  He asked many questions of the class, having us
think about why we were doing certain things. I really
appreciated the "why" and "how" approach because I feel like
I can take these ideas and apply them to different structures, and
even a simple codex.  I can see from Daniel's website, garageannexschool.com,
that he is offering a wire edge binding class in August.  If anyone wants a
boost to their book arts learning, I highly recommend Daniel.
The course was fantastic!

The book samples, exponentially large examples (Catherine was the good sport
that allowed herself to be bound in class) and a good sense of humor made
this class very enjoyable.  I have a few more square knots to finish and
my book structure is complete.  Tired eyes and fine thread made me set
aside my project until I could get a magnifying glass and light.

Ain't old age great?

Thanks again Daniel. We loved the workshop.

Tina