[BKARTS] Mystery thingy

hey anyone able to tell me what this might be? I found it in a pile, and I'm not sure if its a tool, or a part of a rack or drawer divider, or maybe some piece of packaging for Linotype spacing or something? Does any one recognize it, and if so, should I keep it or throw it in the metal box?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/firebrat/3631435722/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/firebrat/3630621695

http://www.flickr.com/photos/firebrat/3630621767

They are about 7 inches long, and as you can see in the photos are stamped with point sizes. they are pretty heavy duty, and have machined rivets holding the ends together so I don't think they are waste material of any kind.

I'm curious about them. Help me figure it out.

Jenny