Re: [BKARTS] archival mist? (WAS) ] Ephemera blog

I can't see this actually working. It might put a layer on this that is alkaline but the acids are in the paper, not just on it, and this is just a cover up from what I can see. Don't think you can convert acids to neutral. I could be wrong.

Karen

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Prints & The Paper" <theprintsandthepaper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:43 AM
Subject: [BKARTS] archival mist? (WAS) ] Ephemera blog

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Julie Sullivan

http://ephemera.typepad.com/ephemera/

Definitely interesting....

But - I have never heard of this stuff that was recommended in the blog.
Anyone have an opinion or practical experience with it? Or is it just
another gimmick?
http://www.stampington.com/html/archival_mist.html

I was rather taken with this, which was also linked in the blog:
http://smellofbooks.com/

Cheers, Lee

Lee Kirk
"Cats are composed of Matter, Anti-Matter, and It Doesn't Matter" (Anon A.
Mouse)

The Prints & The Paper
PO Box 5432
Eugene OR 97405