Re: [BKARTS] Epson printing on watercolor paper question

I would highly suggest trying the Arches Infinity line of papers. They are
specifically coated to accept the ink jet inks, but otherwise are the same
as Arches watercolor paper. Arches has already gone to the trouble of
creating a profile for your printer so that the printer will manage the
proper ink output for the paper. A bit of googling brought this very
informative link: http://www.dpandi.com/newsreviews/reviews/ai/index.html

-Best Wishes,

Neal-

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Linda M. Cunningham <lindac@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Has anyone on this list ever printed color images on watercolor paper? I
>> was looking at some Arches hot pressed 140 lb paper and wondering how it
>> would work in my 2400 Epson printer. (that paper comes in rough, cold
>> pressed, and hot pressed.... the hot pressed being the smoothest of the
>> three.)  If you have done work with this kind of paper, I would like to talk
>> with you a bit before I get too deep into it. Maybe you could contact me off
>> list at jcdeason@machlinkcom  Or you could respond on this list and
>> others could learn from your experiences.  Thanks.
>>

> Hi John
>
> I regularly print with Strathmore Aquarius II, also a 140 lb. paper (close
> in tooth to the Arches cold pressed), on my Epson 1400 and have had pretty
> good success with it. No special profile for the paper, and the type is
> fantastic, although super-fine photographic detail does tend to drop out.
>
> Suspect that wouldn't be a problem with a hot-pressed paper, though, and it
> definitely is something I have been meaning to try.
>
> (As a side note, I've also done one print job on Fabriano Ingres, and while
> it served the purpose -- strictly black type -- it is definitely too rough
> for a detailed colour image.)
>
> Cheers
> Linda
> --
> Linda M. Cunningham      | Artists' Books and Fibre Studio
> http://lasquetipress.blogspot.com
>

>  ***********************************************
>                                   Pre-order your GBW "Marking Time"
> exhibition catalog before August 1, 2009
>    to save $5 off the $35 regular price. For more information see:
> <
> http://cool-palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/exhibit/2009exhibit.shtml#catalog
> >
>                                        NOW ONLINE, Volume 5, No. 2, Spring
> 2009 of The Bonefolder