Re: [BKARTS] While I`m at it..... (Bradel)

The millimeter is a refinement of the basic Bradel (German case-binding) as it applies to a paper-covered binding. Note the Bradel structure can also be applied to cloth, leather, vellum, ...

I have a tutorial on the basic Bradel (German case binding) at <http://www.philobiblon.com/casebd.shtml>.

The millimeter binding at <http://www.philobiblon.com/millimeter/MillimeterBndg_Verheyen.pdf>.

And another variation of the same structure at <http://www.philobiblon.com/Gebrochenerruecken.pdf>.

Even the full vellum on boards is a derivative of the Bradel, <http://www.philobiblon.com/vellumhandout.pdf>.

All are linked from <http://www.philobiblon.com/tutorials.shtml>.

The basic Bradel in a "rougher" form came first.

p.