[BKARTS] Galleries and museums that feature artists' books?

Hello list serve folks,
I am teaching an artist book workshop with Mary Laird in Florence, Italy this summer at Santa Reparata International School of Art through Dan Welden's International Workshops.
I am preparing resource lists for my students.
Here are two questions:
1. What galleries in the US or abroad feature artist books on a regular basis?
2. What museums feature artist books on a regular basis?

I am attaching my two Word documents which I have started with the information I have. Please email me or add to the attached documents I have started and send it back to me.
Thanks so much!
Cathy

Cathy DeForest
cathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gallery DeForest and Jubilation Press
1067 Emigrant Creek Rd.
Ashland, OR 97520
541-690-6976
www.gallerydeforest.com

Gallery DeForest: illuminating artistry

Galleries featuring Artist Books, Letterpress and Fine Binding

There are few physical galleries which feature artists’ books, but those that do are real gems. Here are a few of those jewels.

California Donna Seager Gallery Donna Seager, owner 851 4th St. San Rafael, CA 94901 416-494-4229 www.donnaseagergallery.com

San Francisco Center for the Book
300 De Haro St
San Francisco, CA 94103-5144
415-565-0545
www.sfcb.org

Colorado Abecedarian Gallery Alicia Bailey

910 Santa Fe, Unit #101

Denver, CO 80204

phone: 720.282.4052 or 303.340.2110

fax: 303.479.9556
www.abecedariangallery.com

Minnesota

Minnesota Center for the Book

Open Book Building

1011 Washington Ave S, Suite 100

Minneapolis, MN 55415

612.215.2520

www.mnbookarts.org

New York

New York Center for Book Arts

28 West 27th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, New York 10001
(212) 481-0295
www.centerforbookarts.org

Oregon
23 Sandy Gallery
Laura Russell, owner and book artist
623 NE 23rd Ave
Portland, OR 97232
503-927-4409
23sandygallery@xxxxxxxxx

Washington Wessel & Leiberman 208 First Avenue South Seattle, Washington 98104 206-682-3545 www.wlbooks.com

Museum Collections that Feature Artists’ Books

Museums Collections of artists’ books are a plethora of inspiration. Here are favorites to fill you with awe and wonder.

East Coast

Museum of Modern Art
Franklin Furnace Collection
11 West 53 Street
New York, NY 10019
212-708-9400
www.moma.org

Museum of Fine Arts
The William Morris Hunt Memorial Library
300 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
617-369-3385
Boston, Massachusetts