From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Kathleen Garness
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:16 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: The Ideal Blank Journal

I enjoy two types of journals:

One that is just lined paper, of a line width that accommodates
normal handwriting (question of course being, does anyone still do
handwriting these days? : ))
The other is an artist's journal, of 80+/-lb hot-press 100% rag paper
that takes both pen and ink and watercolor. I have had to resort to
making my own because I don't like the paper (usually too textured
for my purposes) in the commercially-made journals. Being able to
open flat is very important for this one, not so much the other. I
have seen and have worked with both portrait orientations and
landscape, of many sizes. Each size and format has its merits. : ) I
don't care for anything much smaller than a 5X7" though....

Kathy G

Pre-order your GBW "Marking Time" exhibition catalog before August 1,
2009
<http://cool-palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/exhibit/2009exhibit.shtml
#catalog>

For all your subscription questions, go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ and
Archive.

This page last changed: June 25, 2009