Re: [BKARTS] Karpeles Museums

We have one of the Karpeles Museums in Charleston and the exhibits are
wonderful!  Currently here is the Florence Nightingale letters, reports,
documents - she had a beautiful handwriting.  These museums are a
treasure.  All of the exhibits are fascinating - the last one here was
on stereoscope pictures and you could borrow the glasses and look
at the old photos of presidents, famous people, houses, etc.
Go visit one!   It is hard to find a better free resource!
Teri Lynn Herbert
Charleston, SC

> From: Paul McCann <polm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:30:32 -0400
> To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [BKARTS] Galleries and Museums featuring Book Arts
>
> As a matter of at least related interest, there's the Karpeles
> Manuscript Museums:
>
> http://www.rain.org/~karpeles/
>
> -POLM

> Pre-order your GBW "Marking Time" exhibition catalog before August 1, 2009
>      to save $5 off the $35 regular price. For more information see:
> <http://cool-palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/exhibit/2009exhibit.shtml#catal
> og>
>
>        NOW ONLINE, Volume 5, No. 2, Spring 2009 of The Bonefolder
>        <http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder/vol5no2contents.htm>

This page last changed: June 25, 2009