Re: [BKARTS] Galleries and museums that feature artists' books?

Here are a few additions I might add:

The Arion Press Gallery in San Francisco has book-related exhibits, though perhaps more fine press oriented than book arts.
http://www.arionpress.com/events.htm

The current artists' book exhibit, Bibliophoria, at the Sebastopol Center for the Arts is **outstanding** (really, anyone in the Bay Area should make a trip out to see it), but I don't know if they regularly have artists books or not.
http://www.sebarts.org/index.htm ;
(click on "current shows" though the photo doesn't do it justice)

The University of Washington in Seattle has an extensive collection of artists books in Special Collections.  The books are all cataloged in an online, searchable database.  You can handle almost all of these books and with advance notice, the Book Arts and Rare Book Curator, Sandra Kroupa, can assemble a collection along a theme for you.  There is usually a good artists' book exhibit in the entrance way to the Special Collections section of the library.
http://www.lib.washington.edu/specialcoll/collections/bookarts.html
(some very nice photos on this site)

--- On Wed, 6/24/09, Cathy DeForest <cathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello list serve folks,
> I am teaching an artist book workshop with Mary Laird in
> Florence, Italy this summer at Santa Reparata International
> School of Art through Dan Welden's International Workshops.
> I am preparing resource lists for my students.
> Here are two questions:
> 1. What galleries in the US or abroad feature artist books
> on a regular basis?
> 2. What museums feature artist books on a regular basis?
>
> I am attaching my two Word documents which I have started
> with the information I have. Please email me or add to the
> attached documents I have started  and send it back to
> me.
> Thanks so much!
> Cathy

This page last changed: June 27, 2009