Re: [BKARTS] Galleries and museums that feature artists' books?

Hi Cathy,

If you're looking for places where students can regularly see artists' books, don't forget the museums and libraries that collect them AND are open to artists and regular people -- not just "credential-holding academics." Our list at the American Print Alliance includes only those that answered us that they allow the books to be studied even when not on display; note that you usually have to make an advance appointment. Go to the Library section of our website (www.PrintAlliance.org) and pick Print Study Rooms, then scroll down or pick the state or province you'll be visiting. I'm never sure if the direct-to-page link will work, but here it is: http://www.printalliance.org/library/li_study.html
This is a free resource from the Print Alliance.

Carol

Dr. Carol Pulin, director@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
American Print Alliance, www.PrintAlliance.org
non-profit consortium of printmakers' councils

>> On 6/24/09 4:38 PM, "Cathy DeForest" <cathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello list serve folks,
>> I am teaching an artist book workshop with Mary Laird in Florence,
>> Italy this summer at Santa Reparata International School of Art
>> through Dan Welden's International Workshops.
>> I am preparing resource lists for my students.
>> Here are two questions:
>> 1. What galleries in the US or abroad feature artist books on a
>> regular basis?
>> 2. What museums feature artist books on a regular basis?
>>
>> I am attaching my two Word documents which I have started with the
>> information I have. Please email me or add to the attached documents I
>> have started  and send it back to me.
>> Thanks so much!
>> Cathy
>>

>> Cathy DeForest