[BKARTS] Galleries and museums that feature artists' books?

Sorry to correct you, Carol, but "credential-holding academics" are regular people, too - even if one of my nostrils is larger than the other. Some of us are even artists!

It's the mission of libraries and such to make their resources available to those who can benefit from them. The fact that a number of libraries and museums make themselves unreasonably unavailable should not be accepted; in fact, I usually spend some time telling my undergraduates how to "get over" when doing research, because no matter how credential-holding one becomes there is always some librarian, curator or collector to cajole. I'm glad Carol considers herself among the more generous ones, but it's really no more than is due.

> If you're looking for places where students can regularly see artists' books, don't forget the museums > and libraries that collect them AND are open to artists and regular people -- not just "credential-> holding academics." Our list at the American Print Alliance includes only those that answered us that
> they allow the books to be studied even when not on display.

Paul Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

WOID: A journal of visual language
DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES, a project to research and practice the techniques of the medieval scribe

This page last changed: June 27, 2009